Please find below a guide to the AQA AS/A Level Assessment Objectives:
PDF Doc – AS Level English Language AOs
To get more familiar with the assessment objectives and check whether you are applying them, do the following:
- Get a response you have written to one of your practice questions
- Check what AOs it is assessed against
- For each AO use a different coloured highlighter and mark where you have covered each AO.
- See whether you cover one more than the other – should you? Is it proportional to how the marks are allocated?
- If you have large areas with no highlighter, are you being concise enough? There is not time for pointless sentences in these exams.